Thursday, September 29, 2022

Scandal

There is a minor scandal going on in the office.  Thursdays are when all employees on site are offered a free box lunch - essentially a basic packed lunch.  These are available to pick up from about 11.30 am.  But what was happening was that people who were in meetings that ran to noon or later were showing up late to pick up their box lunch, and there weren't any left.  With enough lunches being provided for all employees, this shouldn't happen.  Unless people were taking more than one box.  And guess which department got singled out for doing this?  Yep, mine.  From my point of view, I have never taken more than one box.  And the only person I've ever seen with more than one box is one of my Chinese colleagues.  And I suspect if one Chinese was doing it, then others were as well.  But they must have got spotted, hence our department got chastised.  So today was a bad day to head home carrying a box lunch - it looked like I had grabbed an extra one on the way out, even though in actuality I had some Thai food for lunch and my box lunch was for later.  Oops.  

No comments:

Post a Comment