Thursday, September 8, 2022

King Charles III

King Charles III.  Nope, I don’t like it.  It doesn’t feel right.  I’m no royalist, and I certainly don’t want this adulterer to be on the throne.  But what a momentous day – an end of an era.  Think of all the things that are going to change – currency, stamps, the Christmas speech, a million other things (big and small) that I can’t think of right now, even the national anthem (and rather than just change God Save The Queen to God Save The King, this seems like the perfect opportunity to get an entirely different and better anthem in place).  I believe they’ve even got a name for the changeover process – Operation London Bridge.  A process that is probably meticulously detailed and been in place for years now (though I suspect some idiot heir who talks to his plants is not going to make the transition smooth).  I also suspect we won’t get the same outpouring of grief as we did for Diana – which was a different time and much different circumstances.  Even though the US ditched the royals a long time ago, the death will be felt here.  I was in the office today and people have already shared their condolences with me (which is weird for someone who doesn’t really care about the royal family, but saying that I do have a postcard of the Queen prominently displayed in my office cube).  We won’t get an extra day off work here, but I imagine those of you in the UK will do so for the funeral and/or the coronation.  So at least something good has come out of this.

1 comment:

  1. I don't agree.

    Have been a big fan of Charlie's for years - thought the old bag should've abdicated years ago - never looked happy in the gig.

    Ref: Adultery - James Hewitt ??? Diana was not perfect either.

    ReplyDelete