Saturday, September 10, 2022

Air Quality

We are currently under an air quality alert - which is in effect through Sunday.  And it is horrible outside - really smoky, with both the smell and the visibility noticeably deteriorated.  It does make for some spectacularly orange skies - but I'm staying indoors today, rather than breathing in all that.  Though I'm sure I'm missing out on some good photo opportunities.  And then it got worse.  This afternoon, I got an emergency alert on my phone telling me to evacuate immediately.  Well, that was unexpected.  I didn't think there were any fires in the immediate vicinity and I'm not ready or willing to go anywhere.  And a quick internet search reveals that the "Bolt Creek Fire" mentioned in the evacuation notice is in the east of the county - I'm guessing the emergency alert accidentally went out to everyone in the county.  And indeed about half an hour later another message went out to disregard that evacuation alert.  But I think it is this 2000 acre fire which the wind is sending all the smoke from in our direction.  The sad thing is that I think it is like this all the way up the West Coast - at the moment I'm still planning to take my trip down to Oregon next week, but I'm keeping a close eye on the situation.        

No comments:

Post a Comment