Monday, September 12, 2022

Fireworks

It was the first weekend of the new NFL season.  And, unexpectedly, the Seattle Seahawks won the Monday night game in a nail-biter.  And how do I know this?  I was actually watching the end of the game.  The only American football I've watched over the entire weekend.  But unexpectedly I didn't hear any fireworks going off when the final whistle was blown.  What's this, is someone actually abiding by the local fireworks ban now?  But wait, what's that I hear 5 minutes later?  Yep, there they are.  Seattle shouldn't have won - Denver went for and missed a 64 yard field goal even though they had loads of time left - so I'll give the benefit of the doubt that my neighbor wasn't ready with the fireworks.  And good to hand the traitor Russell Wilson a loss in his return to Seattle - Seattle's former star quarterback.  Despite the win, I'm not expecting to hear many fireworks this season - Seattle are not a good team. 


2 comments:

  1. I chuckled when we won, at the thought of fireworks ex-Snohomish.

    A 64 yard F-G is no gimme though.

    The 12th man were VERY vocal against Russ - to my amusement.

    Yes, your prognosis viz the Seahawks season ahead is probably accurate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hand a smackin' to the "part Lewis Hamilton" owned Broncos though.

    The AFC West days have long gone, but my dislike for the Broncos remains strong.

    ReplyDelete