Monday, September 26, 2022

Monkey Island

I was feeling nostalgic over the weekend, so I bought and downloaded Return to Monkey Island on the Switch.  Back in the day, however many years ago it was (30?), I used to play the Monkey Island games on my PC.  I've always liked a good point 'n' click adventure - so it was enjoyable to revisit this genre of game, even if it is a little dated now (and, somehow, this particular series is a lot more Americanized than I remember).  Well, I say enjoyable - the same feelings of frustration re-emerged after all these years as my progress in the game stalled.  But at least this time they had the good sense to include more hints in the game.  Plus, of course, the internet is a much better resource than it was 30 years ago (back then, I think I got all my game hints via magazine).

No comments:

Post a Comment