Saturday, September 24, 2022

Grand Final

Big congrats to the Geelong Cats for thumping the Sydney Swans and winning the AFL grand final.  They thoroughly deserved it, riding a 15 game winning streak and finishing top of the ladder.  I was able to watch the game live, because it was on at a remarkably and surprisingly convenient time (Friday evening my time, Saturday afternoon Australian time).  However, because it was such a blowout it wasn't much of a game to watch - especially compared to some of the thrillers that had preceded it over the last few weeks.  Aussie rules football has definitely ascended to be one of my favorite sports to watch, so I'm going to miss it for the next half a year (especially because I'm probably going to watch less rugby this year, thanks to the inexplicable decision NBC have made to make it's rugby coverage exclusive to streaming - which sucks).  Note also - if you were to ask me exactly where Geelong is in Australia, I wouldn't be able to answer - I have absolutely no clue.   

1 comment: