Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Winter Olympics

I cannot emphasize this enough, but I am stunningly indifferent to the Winter Olympics currently going on.  I haven't watched a minute of coverage - mainly because it's about 25% sports and 75% Chinese propaganda.  And the American coverage inevitably sucks (though the current lack of US gold is highly amusing).    When the majority of "sports" involve some degree of subjective judging, then something is seriously wrong.  Especially when I suspect the judging is about as unbiased as the voting in the Eurovision Song Contest.  Is Britain even expected to win any medals?  I just looked it up, and it appears we won 1 Gold and 4 Bronze in the last Winter Olympics.  So are we expected to do better this time round?  I only see a big bunch of 0's on the medal table so far.  It's been a long time since those heady days of watching Torvill and Dean performing Bolero.     

No comments:

Post a Comment