Monday, February 21, 2022

President's Day

Another early year bank holiday today, this time for President's Day.  And another holiday that has kind of sneaked up on me.  Indeed, I don't think we were given any notification about it from work at all - so I wouldn't be surprised if someone still thought today was a work day.  And how did I make the most of the extra time off?  I started on my taxes.  And boy, was that depressing.  I owe so much - even more than last year, and that was a lot.  And what was even more depressing was going through my trading accounts, and seeing how much they have lost since the start of the year thanks to the volatile stock market.  Unfortunately, I have set up my accounts to be predominantly stocks over bonds - so they are open to more risk.  Hmm, might be time to change to a more conservative strategy.  Or hope that the market bounces back (which it should do, ..., eventually).       

And oh yes, I've just looked outside and it's snowing.  Great.  Winter is not done with us yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment