Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Mail Delays

The mail service in the US and/or the UK is an absolute shambles right now.  Some cards arrive in less than a week after posting, other Christmas cards arrived well over a month late - not exactly in time for Christmas.  The unpredictability is shocking.  I've also got some items I've ordered from the UK that still haven't arrived, and because the tracking history on the package I'm waiting for hasn't been updated in over a month I had to contact the seller to see if they could locate my package (they have launched an "investigation").  I'm also expecting a Christmas gift package from work - that was ordered before Christmas - but I still haven't got that yet (and I don't think any of my colleagues have got theirs yet either).  Yes, we can blame COVID for a lot of these delays.  But I would also blame some serious underfunding - I'm surprised that the postmaster general is still the Trump appointee.  Makes you wonder who else wildly unqualified for their position is still in government.  

No comments:

Post a Comment