Thursday, February 24, 2022

Brrrrr

The false spring we had is well and truly over.  This week it has been really cold - reaching daily record lows overnight.  Not quite as bad as the end of last year, but cold enough that I've had to turn up my heating.  Cold enough to freeze up my hummingbird feeders, so I've had to deal with that.  And we've also had a couple of overnight snowfalls.  Nothing extensive thankfully, just a dusting.  And by the afternoon it has warmed up enough to mostly disappear.  So I've still been able to drive somewhere for shopping or late lunchtime hikes.  I wouldn't trust driving up or down my driveway whilst it's still well below freezing in the morning.  The trails are a lot more slippery than normal with lingering snow and ice, so a lot more exercise as I take baby steps to not slip down while going down some downhill sections.  At least with the cold weather has come some clear and sunny skies - best make the most of it before another week of rain ahead starting at the weekend.      

No comments:

Post a Comment