Tuesday, February 22, 2022

A Promise

I want to make a promise today.  A promise that I will keep.  A written record.  I promise that I will NEVER buy an NFT.  Never ever ever.  Not even a James Bond NFT.  I consider these "non fungible tokens" to be a colossal waste of time and money.  Nothing more than a scam.  A hoax.  It's bewildering to see the amount of money they go for.  And if I'm going to be honest, I still don't really understand what they are and why they exist.  Anybody can download a digital image, so "ownership" of these images seems kind of redundant.  It seems like they are nothing more than another kind of cryptocurrency.  And even though I was surprisingly asked about cryptocurrency in my tax preparation software, I don't own any and don't plan on getting any anytime soon either (though I'm not making the same general promise about cryptocurrency than I am about NFTs - who knows what the future of financial transactions will hold).      

1 comment:

  1. Not connected to today's post, but I'm confessing to significant hubris regarding WORLDLE.

    Twice this week it's beaten me:

    LIBERIA (I had every other country in West Africa bar the kitchen sink).

    & today's SERBIA - had wasted 4 guesses encircling it.

    ReplyDelete