Sunday, February 13, 2022

I Hate My TV

I said I would watch all the Bond films in this calendar year, and I'm already well behind on doing that.  So I thought I'd try to watch Dr No this evening.  But as soon as I put the disc into my PS5, I got distracted.  First of all I spent ages fiddling around with my PS5, TV and soundbar settings to try to get the optimal picture and audio.  The audio is a particular issue - my TV and soundbar don't work well together at the best of times, and the lag between the picture and the audio can be a particular issue when trying to watch a blu-ray.  This is an issue I've encountered before, and it just won't go away.  Personally I blame the TV, which has just been a total pain in the ass for one reason or another ever since I got it.  But even after settling down to watch the film itself, instead I spent loads of times watching all the extras on the blu-ray instead.  I thought the James Bond discs would be fairly vanilla, but they've actually got quite a bit of extra stuff on them - things like featurettes and a commentary track.  Being the completist I am, I think I've got to watch everything on a disc before I can move onto the next one, even if a lot of these extras are a total drag - so I think getting through all these Bond discs is going to take a lot longer than I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment