Monday, February 14, 2022

Daily Puzzles

I’m obviously still doing Wordle every day.  And I’ve obviously still got a 100% success rate, though I should really stick to the same device so that I have an accurate and complete history.  Though I will add that I struggled with today’s Wordle (I think I got it in 5 - hopefully this is a sign that it will start getting more challenging now that the New York Times have taken it over).  But I’ve also started doing various knockoffs or alternatives to Wordle every day – these include Dordle (which is solving 2 words), Nerdle (which is solving a numeric calculation) and Worldle (which is identifying a country).  And I don’t have a 100% success rate in all of these (indeed, I didn’t even know today’s Worldle country was now called this).  Yes, this is probably all a crazy fad that will end one day.  But I’m enjoying it while it lasts, and maybe all of this is something like a modern day equivalent to sudoku that came from nowhere about 20 years ago and will seemingly persist forever. 

2 comments:

  1. can I question why (to a casual reader like myself) it is either "obvious" that you are still doing wordle every day & also "obvious" that you retain a 100% success rate.

    My deduction is that you are not fully aware of the meaning of "obvious".

    p.s `I got AROMA in 5 also

    p.p.s Thanks for the intel on the other puzzles I wasn't aware of these.

    p.p.p.s Guyana is most deffo a country - Shivnarine Chanderpaul is Guyanese (& I got it in 2 guesses an' all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats - I didn't get Guyana, I think my geography skills have been Americanized. The country I hadn't heard of was the day before - Czech Republic is now apparently known as Czechia?!

      Delete