Friday, July 9, 2021

Weather Report

Since our record-breaking heatwave, the weather has still been pretty good but nowhere near as hot.  It's been a very long time since it rained.  We are in a cycle of cloudy weather in the morning, but the clouds gradually dissipate during the day so that by the evening we have gorgeous blue skies.  Which is a bit frustrating since I have tended to do most of my hiking in the morning over the last few weeks.  And it's worse by the coast, my preferred destination, where it might remain cloudy all day.  But at least it cools down overnight.  I should hike later in the day - but the trails tend to be a lot busier then, and even just finding a parking spot at a trailhead can be a hassle.  But with the sun not setting until past 9, and most of these parks being open until dusk, maybe I should try going to a few more places in the evening.  Especially since I'm back to work next week and so morning hikes don't become very practical (I guess I could try very early morning hikes, but I am a very reluctant early riser - especially while a good night's sleep continues to elude me).      

No comments:

Post a Comment