Friday, July 30, 2021

Allen vs Farrow

I just finished watching the documentary series Allen vs Farrow.  Yes it is one-sided, but it is compelling and devastating.  And frankly I'm okay not hearing the other side of the story, because I don't think there is another side of the story worth hearing.  Woody Allen is - and excuse my language, but I think this is entirely justified for the type of crimes we're talking about here - a f*cking monster.  I've never been a big fan of his films - I find them too pretentious and pseudo intellectual - but after this documentary I shall definitely not be watching any of his work ever again.   The entertainment industry that continues to worship him despite his troubling behavior also has a lot to answer for - but then what do you expect from an industry that has allowed people like Harvey Weinstein (who I also finished watching a documentary series about recently - another monster), Kevin Spacey, Roman Polanski , Bill Cosby and numerous others to flourish and get away with heinous behavior for so long.  Shameful.  

2 comments:

  1. Those who have the necessary skill set gravitate to these positions of power & influence.

    It ain't by chance that the top level of any industry is loaded with, shall we say, dominant personalities.

    Do some research on Keith Raniere / NXIVM - check out the documentary "The Vow".

    That's taking power to the ultimate zenith.

    p.s. Was going to post ref yesterday's entry :-

    Are you the nuevo Ed?

    Can I expect to see posts explaining that moles &/or raccoons are especially attracted to those borne under the waning Leo starsign ??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I watched The Vow when it was on. Fascinating and disturbing insight into that cult. At least that creep got sentenced to some lengthy prison time.

      Delete