Saturday, July 31, 2021

Camano Island State Park

With my boss on vacation yesterday and it being a hot and sunny day before a cloudy weekend, I decided to make the most of the opportunity and go for a morning hike by the coast.  Took the 1 hour 15 minute drive to Camano Island State Park north of me, somewhere I've been to once before I think.  Did the loop trail - which is a shortish trail mostly above the beach.  It should have much better views - or at least much better viewpoints - than it actually does, but didn't encounter many people which is good - most people go here just to use the boat ramp.  Though it started to get a bit busier by the time I left, no surprise for a sunny Friday day.  Also took the opportunity to take a bit of a stroll along the rocky beach - something I think I'll do more extensively when I come here again.  I find walking by the water good for the mind and body, so I really should do more of it.  Which is why I want to retire by the coast.   



No comments:

Post a Comment