Saturday, July 24, 2021

Internet Woes

An early post, because I'm paranoid now that I'm going to lose my internet connection again at any point.  Last few evenings I've lost my signal and been without TV and internet, and it's incredibly frustrating.  I had a tech come round today, and he did find a potential issue.  Apparently there was tension in the overhead cable that supplies the signal into my house - he showed me the section of cable he replaced where it had been damaged by the tension.  Hopefully this fixes the issue, although I'm not entirely confident that this would cause the intermittent issues I've been having.  But it is feasible - and it's likely that when the tree by my driveway came down during the heatwave, it snagged on the cable on the way down to cause this issue.  Which is why I've never had any problems before.  It's either that, or one of my annoying neighbors is somehow stealing or spoiling my signal.  Either way, it's going to be a nervy evening today waiting to see if anything happens again.     

1 comment:

  1. If it was a physical impediment, I expect either semi permanent outage or sporadic / random downtime.

    Not "every evening"

    I suspect neighbours on the nick

    ReplyDelete