Thursday, July 1, 2021

Weather Fallout

Finally, a relatively normal day weather-wise here - still quite warm, but clouds have pushed in so the sun didn't come out at all today.  Time to assess the impact of the recent hot weather - and there was a casualty.  A tree next to my driveway came down a few days ago and blocked my driveway - it had been dead for a while, but I had noticed it drooping on the hottest day and it came down the next day.  Heard the crash, had absolutely no idea what it was initially - thought maybe a mini earthquake or something.  Actually really lucky that it didn't bring down any of the electric cables going into my home.  What else?  Well, since the hot weather the local birdlife has been going crazy.  Making a lot more noise, being a lot more active, generally behaving really strangely.  And, regrettably, the crows came back yesterday evening and this morning.  There were about 40 of them right outside my bedroom window making an absolute racket and driving me crazy - especially when they woke me up at sunrise this morning.  I should have videoed them, and then you would have some idea of how bad it gets.  No idea why they randomly congregate like that - they seem to have gone away, but now I dread when they'll be back next.  I heard another tree come down somewhere nearby yesterday evening - I'm wondering if the crows somehow either cause or celebrate this destruction.  Also, had another visitor as I was sitting on my back patio yesterday:

No comments:

Post a Comment