Friday, July 2, 2021

Reopening

On Wednesday, Washington state lifted all its COVID restrictions.  Everything is allowed to open to full capacity and return to normal operations.  I think there are some restrictions on very large indoor gatherings, but otherwise everything is good.  I do wonder whether this is a rash decision?  I guess time will tell.  I don't think the state has reached that 70% vaccinated threshold.  Fully vaccinated people are no longer required to wear a mask indoors or outdoors unless requested by the business.  For example, I went to the dentists this week and was still asked to wear a mask.  Unvaccinated people are still required to wear a mask - but no chance they will and no way to prove you are vaccinated, which makes the whole mask thing totally flawed.  Unfortunately all the restrictions were lifted before this 4th July weekend, which means that everywhere is going to be really busy and the traffic is going to be awful this weekend as everyone makes up for not celebrating last year.  We do have a statewide burn ban, but I bet a lot of people will ignore that.  And a lot of people will definitely ignore the fireworks ban in a lot of areas - including mine.  I have no doubts that various neighbors of mine - including immediate ones - will illegally set of fireworks.     

No comments:

Post a Comment