Monday, September 23, 2019

Sports Coverage

Sorry, yet another sports entry...

Well, this sucks.  So Fox Sports 2 have been showing Australian-Rules Football games regularly – one game a week during the regular season, and then all the knockout games in the playoffs so far.  And now this week it’s the Grand Final.  And they are not showing it.  Which is just ridiculous.  It would be like BBC having all the Wimbledon games, and then not showing the final.  Who makes these decisions?  I’m sure there’s probably money involved – trying to make me shell out for something that I don’t want to, in much the same way that NBC Sports are trying to do with the Rugby World Cup.  I’m sure there are other “means” to watch the game live – but I’m not sure how strongly I feel about just this one game to do that, and it might also be on in the very early hours.  So I’ll stick to the few Rugby World Cup games that are actually being aired here and are worth watching (I’ll wear my England rugby top on the day we play the US this week, which is definitely on – but I don’t think anyone here knows that there is a rugby world cup going on and that the US are in it, or indeed that they are playing England and what I’m wearing is an England rugby top).  Their loss.

1 comment:

  1. I concur that's annoying, I would be pissed (in the US sense) if the BBC suddenly shut up shop on the NFL once we reach the playoffs.

    I bet you're well pleased that the Pats look like they'll take some stopping (again) - LOvL

    ReplyDelete