Thursday, September 19, 2019

Never

As I just found out that this is being offered at work now – I can assure you that there is one thing that I will NEVER do.  Yoga.  I have zero desire to do it.  I have zero sense of balance to do it.  And I honestly don’t like it.  It crosses that line into holistic medicine that I am very uncomfortable with and very wary of.  Yoga is meant to relax you – yet I find the prospect of continuously losing my balance and/or farting loads in a room full of strangers and/or sweating profusely under hot and humid conditions to be exceedingly unrelaxing.  I do confess that it would be nice to have a bit more flexibility in my body as I get older, and I do think that some level of meditation can be very good for you – but not if I have to endure a load of spiritual nonsense to achieve “transcendence”.  I’ve listened to a podcast recently about the cult-like Bikram yoga, and it just confirmed by skepticism.  It is not for me.

1 comment:

  1. Your invitation to dance naked at Stonehenge at the next solstice has been revoked!

    ReplyDelete