Monday, September 16, 2019

Immigration

Recommend you check out John Oliver's most recent episode of Last Week Tonight - which covered legal immigration to the US, a system I know very well and I have obviously been through.  Although I don't necessarily agree with him on everything (chain migration is a problem that needs to be fixed), it does make me thankful and grateful that I have obtained permanent residency, and perhaps one day citizenship, and I don't have to deal with the stress and bureaucracy of the legal immigration process any more - which I imagine is a lot worse under Trump.  And my path as a "specialty worker" was perhaps a lot more straightforward than many other paths - including apparently John Oliver himself if his mention of having to renew his visa every year is true, which I don't remember having to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment