Sunday, September 1, 2019

Grand Prix

I was channel-hopping today, and happened to come across an Indy Car race.  Now I don't care much for Indy Car - holds about as much interest to me as Formula 1.  But I noticed that it was the Grand Prix of Portland.  And I thought to myself - that must be Portland, Maine because it can't be Portland, Oregon because they don't really do motor racing in the Pacific Northwest because it rains so much.  But a quick look on Wikipedia reveals that I'm wrong - it was held in Portland, Oregon.  Interesting.  I might have to check that out one year, because that is by far the nearest top level motor-racing event to here.  I have fond memories of going to Silverstone with my Grandpa when I was a young - and if my memory is right, I think I might also have gone to Brands Hatch with my Dad and my French exchange student one year!  But that was a long time ago, and I've never been to see a race in the US.  Something else to add to the bucket list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment