Thursday, September 26, 2019

Forecast

Well, this is depressing:


Apparently an “unusually early and intense Arctic express” is arriving this weekend.  I’ve already retired my air conditioning unit for the year – but now I might have to check that my heating is working and replace my fans with heaters.  It seems that over the mountains and the Eastern part of the state and beyond, there is going to be a lot of snow.  And it’s not even October yet (so you have been warned if you want to visit me at this time of year!).  Not expecting snow where I am, nor will it really get that close to freezing, just much colder temperatures than normal and it might get quite windy – so I expect my leaf blower will be getting a lot of use if it isn’t raining.  It looks like there is going to be snow at Crater Lake – so that probably ends my chances of going there when I can eventually take a few days off work in October.  I really hope we don’t have a winter like the last, where I spent all those days snowed in and working from home.  The early indications are not good.

No comments:

Post a Comment