Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Commuting Patterns

This is the order of commuting days, from worst to best:

Thursday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Monday
Friday

Yes, Tuesday has come from nowhere to be the 2nd worst day of the week.  And actually, for the last 2 weeks it has been the worst.  I made the mistake of leaving at 8.30 am yesterday rather than my normal time of closer to 9.15 am, and it took me over double the time to get into work - I didn't get into the office until about 9.45 am.  If I'd left any later, I would have missed an important 10 am meeting I had.  If it gets any worse - perfectly possible as the weather deteriorates, the days get shorter, and the university classes begin (which I think was today) - then I might have to give serious consideration to working from home for either a morning or a day once or twice a week.  I don't want to, but neither do I want to endure a ridiculously horrific commute.  This is definitely something that has got noticeably worse over the years.  They've started building a light rail line on part of my commute route - so although that might eventually help with the congestion, it's probably not going to be finished for at least another 5 years.  And just like most of the bus transit centers round here, there will probably be nowhere near enough parking at any of these stops to warrant considering them as a commute option.

No comments:

Post a Comment