Saturday, September 14, 2019

Cama Beach Historical State Park

It's been far too long, but today I went somewhere new for a hike.  I went to Camano Island - about an hour's drive north of me (by road, no ferry necessary) - which is somewhere I've never been to before.  It's the smaller, poorer cousin to the much more developed and tourist-friendly Whidbey Island, but it has a couple of state parks of it's own and this is one of them.  And it was a perfectly acceptable destination for a hike - nothing flashy, no spectacular views, but some well-maintained trails which I pretty much had to myself this morning, maybe due to the very overcast and occasionally rainy conditions.  3 of the photos below represent the main 3 trails - one that follows the bluff overlooking the water, one going down to the beach, and one that goes inland to the poorly named Cranberry Lake - which was more of a smelly pond.  I wish I hadn't had some breakfast before I headed out, since there was a breakfast cafe in the park which seemed a lot more popular than the hiking trails.





No comments:

Post a Comment