Friday, September 20, 2019

Climate Change

Wait, what?  There was a global climate change strike today?  I saw zero evidence of that in Seattle  – and considering we are one of the more progressive cities in the USA, that doesn’t bode well for the rest of the country – though I guess there might have been more activity downtown.  I do remember seeing a homemade banner about it on one of the overpasses as I was driving home this week – but frankly didn’t pay it much attention, because I was more preoccupied with the traffic (this week has been one of the worst commuting for a while – I don’t know if this is the new norm, or just because we had some rain).  Now I am definitely concerned about climate change, and even more concerned about the Trump government’s denial/opposition/indifference to it (it appears that Trump is more preoccupied on getting dirt on Biden).  But a strike – really?  Perhaps it was more of a kids thing so that they can get out of school for a day or whatever.  But some of us have to work for a living, and some of us (i.e. me) had deadlines today.  I saw that the strike was the main article on the BBC website today.  It wasn’t even mentioned on one of the American news website I go to.  That says so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment