Sunday, September 15, 2019

Football

There is only one kind of football I'm watching religiously at the moment.  It's certainly not American Football, it's not so much Association Football - which I am prone to fast-forwarding through just to catch the halftime and end of game highlights (or maybe ignoring entire 2nd halves totally if you're 4-0 down at halftime) unless the game is particularly noteworthy (think Norwich and Man City).  No, the football that I am watching all 3 hours of each game is Australian Rules Football.  I've really developed a taste for it - I like like the competitiveness, and perhaps it is a good substitute for rugby until the Rugby World Cup starts next weekend.  But the American coverage of the world cup is going to be spotty at best - and I suspect and fear that the more interesting games will not be aired.  So therefore I am going to enjoy the few remaining Australian Rules Football games until the Grand Final, which are being aired.

1 comment:

  1. Aussie Rules is totally ruined by those ridiculous arm gestures made by the over dressed referees.

    Thug sport mingled with twee, faux-colonial overtones.

    Give me NFL any day over Aussie Rules (or any of the Gaelic shite for that matter)

    ReplyDelete