Friday, July 20, 2018

Summer Picnic

Today was our company's summer picnic.  Really just an excuse to take an afternoon off work.  We're in a stretch of very good weather - with very high temperatures forecast for next week - so good to get outside on a day like today.  Though not really my thing - lots of families and family activities that don't really interest me, nor any particular desire to socialize with colleagues I don't care much for.  So I came for the food - and stuffed myself appropriately - and picked up my free gift before heading home.  The choice was between a hammock and a kite - and I plumped for a hammock.  That I'll probably never use.

It is unfortunate that the nice weather has corresponded with an increase in my workload, but I still manage to get out for the occasional lunchtime or early evening walk.




No comments:

Post a Comment