Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Pandora

In an attempt to get some variety from my narrow selection of podcasts and music on my iPod, I decided to listen to Pandora at work today.  I think this might be the first time I’ve done this for several years.  My takeaways?  Firstly, there seem to be a hell of a lot more adverts than what I remember.  Depressing.  Secondly, your playlist is predominantly dictated by what songs you have clicked thumbs up and thumbs down on previously.  Clearly my music tastes have somewhat evolved, as I was very unhappy with some of my previous selections – so I decided to try to clear my history.  What a pain in the ass – they don’t make it easy.  And it doesn’t feel as though it really got deleted – as I think it ended up playing all the same songs that I encountered and clicked thumbs up on previously.  I was going to say all the same sounding songs, but I guess you might expect that when you create a music station based on a band you like!  I think perhaps I need to add more stations – my selection definitely has an overly 90s/00s alternative feel.  I was shuffling between Arcade Fire, Elbow, Muse, Portishead and Sneaker Pimps.  All a bit too much of a muchness I fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment