Friday, July 27, 2018

Feeling Hot Hot Hot

2 blog entries today – since I’m flying back to the UK tomorrow.  Just tried to check into my flight online, and it wouldn’t let me.  That’s a good sign that I will hopefully be getting an upgrade!  It appears that I’m flying from one sweltering hotspot to another –  this is either the hottest or second hottest July in Seattle on record (though I was just reading an interesting article that analyzed whether the official temperature sensor is broken and recording too high temperatures!  Though it definitely feels like it has been a hot month – I’m sure I’ve been wearing shorts a lot more frequently than I’m used to here!).  It’s also worth noting that there is no major city than Seattle in the US that has less air conditioners per capita.  I certainly could do with some AC - my house feels like an oven, and my fans have done little to help, so consequently I’ve had real difficultly sleeping recently.  With hot temperatures continuing here, and me leaving the house with all the windows closed whilst I’m back in the UK (or at least all the downstairs ones), I wonder what kind of hot mess I’m going to come back to!     

PS Having just finished watching The Terror, that's probably another reason I'm not sleeping well due to the nightmares brought on by this brilliantly horrifying and visceral series - highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment