Monday, December 4, 2017

Voicemail

My work extension is x2000.  A horrible number, because it makes my direct line to the outside world look like a main number – so I get all sorts of weird wrong numbers, which is why I tend to never pick up the phone on any external numbers.  So, this morning I noticed I had a voicemail.  Oh boy, it was an interesting one.  It was from Ron, and he wants to be a member of the Trump team.  He basically described his experience, his height (???), his education, his availability and how much he wanted to help Trump, for free.  Bizarre, amusing and slightly scary.  Clearly from Trump’s target demographic – old, male, white – I have no idea who he thought he was leaving a message for, but I hope he calls again as I might actually answer and tell him where to stick it.  I’m particularly not happy with Trump at the moment – of all the awful things he’s done so far, reducing the size of national monuments to allow mining companies to exploit the land might be the worse.  Reprehensible, and unforgivable.  I hope Native American and environmental groups can delay this action in the courts indefinitely until someone sensible is in charge of the country and can rescind this.  The best thing about America is the landscape – from the mountains to the desert and everything in between – and to threaten that is outrageous and repugnant.  F*ck Trump and his horrible sycophants. 

No comments:

Post a Comment