Saturday, December 9, 2017

Hangover

What happens during a drunken night out stays during a drunken night out!  I was not feeling good this morning at all - a pounding headache after imbibing quite a bit last night thanks to the free bar.  It was a good night - indeed turned out to be a lot more fun than I expected - but didn't get the long lie in I really wanted.  It seemed that when I went to bed in the early hours, before I knew it I was wide awake with this thudding headache and I only got a few hours of heavy sleep at best.  But at least I didn't throw up!  So hardly the most constructive of days today, and still feeling a bit rough around the edges this evening.  I don't generally drink much alcohol nowadays, so on the rare occasion that I do then I think it hits much harder.  I missed out on winning any raffle prizes, though my friend sitting next to me at our table - and who wasn't even going to come the party until I persuaded him - won $1000.  He'd better at least treat me to a meal next week!   

No comments:

Post a Comment