Friday, December 8, 2017

Holiday Party

Unusually, I'm not writing this at work or at home but actually from a room in a downtown hotel.  This evening is our company holiday party, and it's been held in a downtown hotel called The Arctic Club (it's apparently "historic", or some such nonsense).  I decided to splurge and book a hotel room for tonight.  It's not like I actually enjoy these shindigs - lots of painful and awkward small talk with people I don't care much for, made worse by the fact that most people bring their partners so I'm often a third wheel.  But at least I can let loose and have a few drinks tonight without having to worry about driving home (as long as I don't get too drunk and make an ass of myself! - but I doubt that will happen),  But I'm hoping also for a decent night's sleep on a comfortable bed (the room seems very nice) - but that might not happen as one of my colleagues has threatened to drink and will want to crash in the room as well...  We shall see.  Now to make use of the whirlpool bath before heading to the party.  Nice!

Sunset yesterday evening:




No comments:

Post a Comment