Friday, December 29, 2017

Some Highlights from a 30-Minute Trump Interview

"Virtually every Democrat has said there is no collusion.  There is no collusion."

"I think it's been proven that there is no collusion."

"There was collusion with the Russians and the Democrats.  A lot of collusion."

"I won because I campaigned properly and she didn't.  She campaigned for the popular vote.  I campaigned for the electoral college."

"Paul Manafort only worked for me for a few months."

"There was tremendous collusion on behalf of the Russians and the Democrats.  There was no collusion with respect to my campaign."

"What I've done is, I have absolute right to do what I want to do with the Justice Department."

"I'm the one that saved coal.  I'm the one that created jobs.  You know West Virginia is doing fantastically now."

"They made the Russian story up as a hoax, as a ruse, as an excuse for losing an election that in theory Democrats should always win with the electoral college.  The electoral college is so much better suited to the Democrats."

"I was for Strange, and I brought Strange up 20 points.  Just so you understand.  When I endorsed him, he was in 5th place.  He went way up.  Almost 20 points."

"I endorsed Roy Moore.  It became a much closer race because of my endorsement.  People don't say that.  They say 'Oh, Donald Trump lost'.  I didn't lose, I brought him up a lot."

"We have spent, as of about a month ago, $7 trillion in the Middle East.  And the Middle East is worse than it was 17 years ago. .... $7 trillion."

"I know the details of taxes better than anybody.  Better than the greatest CPA.  I know the details of health care better than most, better than most."

"We've created associations, millions of people are joining associations.  Millions.  That were formerly in Obamacare or didn't have insurance.  Or didn't have health care.  Millions of people."

"Now that the individual mandate is officially killed, people have no idea how big a deal that was.  It's the most unpopular part of Obamacare.  But now, Obamacare is essentially... you know, you saw this, .. it's basically dead over a period of time."

"We see the drugs pouring into the country, we need the wall."

"They have a lottery in these countries.  They take the worst people in the country, they put them into the lottery, then they have a handful of bad, worse ones, and they pull them out.  'Oh, these are the people for the United States'.  We're going to get rid of the lottery."

"I like very much President Xi.  He treated me better than anybody's ever been treated in the history of China."

"North Korea is a problem that should have been handled for the last 25 years.  This is a problem, North Korea.  That should been handled for 25, 30 years, not by me.  This should have been handled long before me.  Long before this guy has whatever he has."

"When I campaigned, I was very tough on China in terms of trade.  They made - last year, we had a trade deficit with China of $350 billion, minimum."

"We lost $71 billion a year with Mexico.  Can you believe it?"

"$17 billion with Canada - Canada says we broke even.  But they don't include lumber and they don't include oil.  My friend Justin he says 'No, no, we break even'.  I said 'Yeah, but you're not including oil, and you're not including lumber'.  When you do, you lose $17 billion."


No comments:

Post a Comment