Thursday, December 7, 2017

Self-centeredness

Sometimes I’m totally oblivious to things around me.  For example, I only realized this week that I hadn’t seen 2 people around the office for some time.  These were people I wasn’t close with, but enough to recognize them and say hello if we passed each other in the hallway – I didn’t remember their names, and one of the guys I only knew as “stretch” because he is incredibly tall.  Well, after finally recalling their names – I found they were not on the company directory and are no longer employed here.  And for quite a few months.  I am so clearly out of the loop on the comings and goings in the office – I used to be very well informed by a colleague who dealt a lot with removing online permissions when people left, but now he has left I haven’t got a clue what's going on in our office of approx 200 people.  I suspect there are more people upstairs that have also left but again I only had minimal interaction with and who I don’t even think about now.  And having just scanned some e-mails and tried looking up a few more names that I have worked with in the past but who I haven’t seen for a while, there are at least 2 more people who are no longer here and who I had no idea were no longer here.  And they left about a year ago.  Jeez, I am just totally clueless.   

No comments:

Post a Comment