Saturday, December 2, 2017

New Car Part 2

Well, here she is - my "black mamba":



Sorry for the not particularly good photos - it's been raining all day and I didn't want to get in the rain or take the car out of my car port!

So what is new compared to my old car?  Lots and lots of cameras.  The rear view camera is I think now compulsory on all new models, but is new to me - and this one is multi-view.  It's also got a camera under the right wing mirror - which comes on whenever I signal right, which is kind of weird because it's not normally necessary to check that mirror when I signal.  There is also another camera at the top of the car which is used for lane assistant - one of the many safety features on this car that I'm unfamiliar with.  As we get closer and closer to self-driving cars, I guess these kind of features are just going to become more prevalent.  The other nice touch for this car is that it is a hatchback, but the back seats can fold down flat which gives a lot of storage space.  I've also got a nice touchscreen display - it doesn't come with built-in navigation, but when I connect my iPhone then I do essentially have navigation on the screen via my phone. 

I've still got a sunroof and I've still got automatic transmission (and I'll never go back to manual!).  Compared to my old Fiesta, I'm missing the blind-spot mirrors on my wing mirrors which I kind of got used to and liked a lot because it meant I didn't have to look over my shoulder to check the blind spots.  I also think my Fiesta had seat warming - although I don't remember ever using it! - but I no longer have that.  I think maybe also the Fiesta had a bit of a quicker engine - although I am using the "Econ" setting on my new car to save on fuel mileage so maybe I'm not getting the full power available to me, and I'm maybe also holding back a bit as I get used to the car - but I definitely won't miss the horrible transmission on the Fiesta.  I will miss the CD player...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment