Monday, December 11, 2017

Christmas Plans

I’m kind of disappointed with myself – I haven’t made any plans to go anywhere during the Christmas break (we have the week off work between Christmas and New Year), and although I probably haven’t left it too late to book something up I don’t really feel particularly motivated to do so.  I’m not really sure why that is – maybe another expense I don’t want to have on top of the car I’ve just bought, maybe because the weather has been so good here for the last week or so that I don’t feel the need to go away (guaranteed it will be wet and miserable when the time comes!), maybe because I didn’t really have anywhere specific in mind that I wanted to go to.  There are places I thought about as good winter destinations – Florida, Hawaii, Arizona, New Mexico, parts of California I somehow have not visited yet (in particular, Death Valley and Joshua Tree) – but I might just stay put.  As long as I keep myself busy and as long as I’m not alone all the time – I’m fairly sure I have some friends not going anywhere either – then I should be fine.  Really, I haven’t had any significant vacation all this year – which is something I definitely want to rectify next year.  And I suspect that if I might actually be used correctly in my job and have more work to do next year, then I might actually need to take a vacation!  So I’m going to use a word I truly HATE, but it looks like my Christmas break this year is going to be a staycation.  I suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment