Saturday, December 23, 2017

North Creek Park

The first of what I hope will be many walks over the holiday period (though maybe not over the next few days with snow in the forecast!), today I went to North Creek Park.  Not too far away from where I live, this is a park I have frequented before for it's convenience - basically a series of boardwalks over some wetlands.  Probably not a good idea to go there on a cold day such as today, since the boardwalks end up becoming very slippy - but I wanted to go somewhere this afternoon.  It's not even a particularly good walk - short (about 1.5 miles total), flat, not particularly photogenic (there are some spurs off the trail signposted as "viewpoints" - but as far as I could tell absolutely no views at the end of them!) and quite busy (including 2 of my pet hates - dogs off their leashes, even though the park rules clearly state the opposite, and loud and obnoxious Asian people on the trail - thanks Trump's America for enabling my covert racism!).  But lots of bird life (including some circling bald eagles) and a short but much-needed invigorating stroll on a frigid day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment