Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Car Doubts

I’ve had my new car less than a week, and I’ve already encountered a number of bad omens:
-          The low tire pressure warning came up on my dashboard on my first significant drive, which spooked me out.  Checked the tire pressures, but everything seemed OK.  Then after recalibrating, it came on again.  I took the car into the service center this morning and they just topped up my air, but this is something to keep an eye on.  It has been very cold last few days, which might be affecting the tire pressure – but still, don’t expect the sensor to be quite this sensitive.
-          Already, there has been a time when the car did not recognize my iPod.  This is alarming – without a CD player, and a reluctance to listen to radio, my iPod is my only desired audio source, so it has to work.  I reset my iPod and the car seemed to recognize it again, so hopefully all is good.  But again, something to keep an eye on.
-          I officially do not like lane assist on the car.  I have done some freeway driving now where on a couple of occasions my car has decided to take on a mind of its own and adjust the steering itself.  Even though I’m comfortably driving within a lane.  So the jerk to the steering wheel is both unnecessary and unexpected.  And incredibly off-putting.  If this continues, I might just have to turn off this feature.
-          My car doesn’t come with a cover for the boot area behind the rear seats, so everything that I leave there is exposed for anyone to see.  I had this cover when I bought my last car, so I didn’t even think about it for this car – so I’m disappointed with myself for not realizing that it wasn’t automatically included when I bought it.  At the moment I’m just using a spare comforter I’ve got to cover everything in the back, which is probably sufficient but not anywhere near as nice as a properly fitted cover – but I was looking at prices of covers and they are not cheap ($200).  I could have used this as a bargaining chip when I bought the car, so I’m kind of annoyed that I missed it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment