Sunday, April 2, 2017

Wrestlemania

It is the biggest weekend in wrestling this weekend - Wrestlemania!  The immature child in me still somewhat enjoys the pantomime spectacle of "professional" wrestling, but not enough for me to actually spend my money on pay-per-view events like Wrestlemania.  Instead, I'll read the online recaps and opinion pieces later - and I might catch some of Monday Night Raw tomorrow.  But my interest has been slowly waning over the years -  albeit probably too slowly for a supposedly mature adult!  But a good wrestling match is still a good wrestling match, regardless of whether I'm a teenager or a 40 year-old, and I still appreciate a good promo or story-line - although this is a lot rarer nowadays, since we're a long way past the glory days of wrestling.  It is kind of sad to see a 55-year old broken-down Undertaker still competing (if you've seen the film The Wrestler, you know what I mean).  It is also, coincidentally, the opening weekend of baseball.  I'd much rather watch a wrestling match than the dreary monotony of a baseball game.  America's favorite pastime is well past it's prime.  

No comments:

Post a Comment