Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Podcast Recommendation

It’s easy to bingewatch television, where you steam through several episodes of a show at one sitting and/or steam through an entire series over just the course of a few days.  That’s how I managed to clear up some of my DVR space, though sadly that has now filled itself up again with all the junk I currently record.  But I’ve never bingelistened to a podcast, until now.  I got through the podcast S-Town in just a few days – it was only 7 episodes long, but very addictive, very atmospheric, very twisty (no spoilers here – just to say things change drastically at the end of the second episode) and highly recommended.  It was touted as the next big thing from the makers of the Serial podcast, I actually think this is far superior to the typical true crime podcast – with almost a novelistic quality to the setting and set of characters, yet these are real people and real events that happened.  You will probably finish the podcast like me with a ton of unanswered questions, including questions on the ethics of whether the podcast and certain aspects of the podcast should even have been released.  But definitely worth listening to if you don’t mind some rather coarse language in a strong Alabama accent.  

No comments:

Post a Comment