Wednesday, April 12, 2017

PC Fun

It must be time to retire my old laptop.  Since getting the Windows 10 update, it has been getting gradually slower and slower and slower.  It now takes an absolute age to load up, and an absolute age to download anything.  And when there is a Windows update being done in the background, then my laptop can be relied upon to simply grind to a halt.  Last night, iTunes stopped working as well – not for the first time.  Then I had to go through the rigmarole of uninstalling all the Apple software and then re-installing everything.  With the speeds that was taking, I was up until the early hours sorting things out – and on a weekday with work the next day.  Not good.  It doesn’t surprise me that a Microsoft operating system and Apple software hardly make for the most compatible of friends.  I obviously don’t want to lose all the stuff on my laptop, so I think I need to backup all my photos, music etc. before it officially dies and I lose everything.  Though, realistically, it’s less likely to break on its own accord than I am to smash it with a hammer or throw it out of the window as I get increasingly frustrated at how slow it is.      

PS If you told me I had to involuntarily give up my airplane seat, you would also have to drag me off kicking and screaming.  What a disgrace.  Overbooking is clearly a thing, because I’ve been on plenty of US domestic flights where they’ve tried to tempt people to transfer to a later flight.  It would take a considerable amount of money/upgrades for me to oblige – but that’s just chump change to these airlines.  The airline industry is despicable – from the ever-decreasing seating size to having to shell out ever-increasing amounts of money on basic customer needs like food and baggage.  Sadly only when there is decent market competition do you get decent customer service – and regrettably the US domestic airline market is mostly monopolized.  

No comments:

Post a Comment