Sunday, April 16, 2017

NBA and NHL

This was the first weekend of NBA (basketball) and NHL (ice hockey) playoffs.  A good time to be a sports fan - I don't generally bother watching much of either sport during the regular season, but I will watch the playoffs.  Basketball especially, which is weird because as recently as say 5 years ago I would probably have told you I hate basketball.  But it has grown on me.  It's a shame Seattle lost their team just before I moved here - going from the Seattle SuperSonics to the Oklahoma City Thunder in 2008 - so I've still never seen a NBA game live.  I have seen an NHL game live (the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim), and I have to say that ice hockey is one of those rare sports that is just as good to watch live as it is to watch on TV.  Lots of talk about Seattle getting a basketball team again and a hockey team in the near future, but seems to be mostly talk rather than actual action.  

No comments:

Post a Comment