Monday, April 10, 2017

No Currant Bun

I was reading somewhere that Seattle has had just 10 or 11 sunny days since October 1st.  And you wonder why I eventually want to move back to Southern California?!  It has been a miserable winter, particularly with regards the amount of rainfall.  And the forecast still doesn’t look any better, with hardly any sunshine in the forecast for the next 15 days.  On Friday, a windstorm hit our region – which knocked out power for a few hours (and took me a while to realize that as there I was sitting in my car wondering why my garage door wouldn’t open!).  Apparently it is very rare that we get windstorms here at this time of year, so just another sign of the anomalous weather we seem to be getting this year.  After a so-so day yesterday which I wasted on going through all the stuff in my spare room rather than go outside, today we are back to the norm with rain and storms.  This probably means a spectacularly poor summer in store, even though I’m finally going to live somewhere where I will actually have some decent outdoor space.  Oh well…    

No comments:

Post a Comment