Sunday, April 30, 2017

Boxing

I've definitely drifted away from boxing over the last few years - I'm never going to shell out on one of the big fights that is on PPV, and the televised fights are either poor quality or feature a pair of nobodies.  There may be a bunch of British world champions in the various weight categories currently, but I couldn't care less - and the big names that I would pay attention to have now retired.  But they did televise the Joshua-Klitschko fight from London live here during the afternoon.  And it was surprisingly good - back and forth, a large and loud audience, and a great ending.  I watched the Fury-Klitschko fight, and that was utterly dreadful - so it was really good to actually have a half-decent heavyweight fight.  However, I do think MMA (specifically UFC) has caught up and maybe even eclipsed boxing as the go to one-on-one combat sport, so I think boxing needed a fight like this.  

No comments:

Post a Comment