Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Early Doors

I am not sleeping well at the moment, and I think it is giving me headaches.  I had another restless night last night – which at least didn’t mean I had any problems getting into work early today as planned.  Nothing more annoying than an 8 am teleconference local time (courtesy of European team members) – which means either taking the call at home and leaving for work late, or leaving for work early – and now I have these meetings fortnightly.  In order to avoid the awful traffic (which just seems to be getting worse), that means leaving really early – so I got up about 5.45 and left home about 6.15 this morning in order to beat the worst of it.  Hate it.  The traffic situation in and around Seattle is just ridiculous, and absolutely zero signs or indications that it’s going to get anything but worse.  Interesting recent article in the Seattle Times (don’t even get me started about the fact that most of their online content is only available via paid subscription now, so I was fortunate to read this as my “last free article”) about why so many longtime Washingtonians are leaving the Seattle area – fed up with congestion, costs and gentrification.  I’m not even a longtime resident and I’m fed up with it.   

No comments:

Post a Comment