Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Missing Issue

I don’t think it is coincidence that the only issue of TIME magazine that has never been delivered to me – something I’ve subscribed to now for some 5 years without any prior problems – is the issue with the cover of Donald Trump celebrating winning the election.  I’m sure there are probably burnt copies of these issues somewhere with the charred visage of Donald Trump – thanks liberal Washington.  And, unsurprisingly, the customer service to try to report this non-delivery was about as customer friendly as a kick in the teeth.  I couldn’t report it online, because it didn’t like the fact that the date on the front of the issue was “in the future” – even though it was today’s date, and should have been delivered over a week ago.  Then, when I phoned customer service it was all automated and didn’t allow me to report this missing issue at all – saying that I was a “new subscriber” and that my first issue to be delivered would be the Dec 12 issue, which is just flat out wrong.  Finally, after choosing some less than obvious menu choices from the customer service number, I finally actually spoke to a real person (who I suspect was in some call center in India) and arranged to get a replacement issue sent to me that won’t arrive for 7-10 days – so most of the news in it will be outdated.  Great.  I’ll probably just end up going out and buying the issue from the supermarket or bookstore in the next few days instead.  At least that gives me the excuse to go for a decent lunchtime walk to downtown!  At least if it isn’t raining.   

No comments:

Post a Comment