Thursday, November 17, 2016

OOO

In an unexpected development, I had to work from home today.  Our office in Seattle was without power due to an "emergency power pole repair".  I have no idea what constitutes an emergency, but undoubtedly all the new construction and new buildings in the vicinity of my office had something to do with it.  As if the increase in traffic and lack of parking isn't already an issue - I think this is symbolic of the many problems facing Seattle, which has started to become a victim of its own success and an increasingly crowded, expensive and problematic place to live.

This wasn't the first time I was out of the office this week - a few days ago I took an extended lunch break to go out and watch Dr Strange in Imax.  I haven't done this for a while, but I'm not averse to taking a break from work in this manner - and I have no problems with it whatsoever, for the sake of my sanity.  It was a pretty good film, a bit formulaic but worth watching on the big screen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment