Sunday, November 27, 2016

The Eagles

Who has the worst record in all 4 divisions of the Football League in the calendar year of 2016?  Why, Crystal Palace of course - worse than even York City or Dagenham & Redbridge, both of whom got relegated from the Football League at the end of last season.  I was worried at the start of this season about how they might struggle, and sadly I've been proved correct - currently in the midst of a 6-game losing streak and only outside the relegation zone on goal difference.  Frankly, I'm surprised not to hear that Alan Pardew got sacked today after yesterday's debacle.  That game was on TV yesterday - I started watching another game after Palace went 3-1 down, then I switched back after they brought it back to 3-3 then 4-3 up, then switched again after it became 4-4 and I missed them eventually losing 5-4.  A great game for the neutral, a tragic game for a Palace supporter.  There is a Welsh guy and big Swansea supporter who works in my office, so I'm going to have to endure a load of ridicule on Monday.  Maybe switching my allegiance to Palace was a mistake!

1 comment: